Wild Wind Newsletter Fall 2017
Welcome to the Wild Wind
IN THIS ISSUE:
I Walk In Beauty….A Celebration of Life and a Thanksgiving of Wonder
Kid for the Wild Scholarship
Words to Ponder
I Walk In Beauty: A Celebration of Life and a Thanksgiving of Wonder; written by Jim in 2008
“Every day there is something that I experience that brings me joy, pauses me in wonder, amazes me in gratitude, thrills me in appreciation, and wraps me in beauty. This is a wonderful Earth we live upon. It is a miracle of Life we breathe. While walking along the mountain ridges last summer (2008) I wandered constantly in beauty.The views were near constant. The flowers were prolific. Everywhere I turned my heart sang with the wonder of it all. One day as I pushed my way through shoulder high beargrass bloomsI realized that I was not walking “thru” beauty, but rather walking “in” beauty. A song came to me that day. The song became my mantra. I sang it as I walked. I sang it when things got hard and I struggled to stay in the moment. I sang it when I reached the top of the mountain.And I sang it when I was at the bottom. I still sing it. It grounds me and has become a living prayer of Thanks.”
I walk in beauty, I walk in beauty… The water I drink, and the air I breathe, Each step I take, my heart awakes, I walk in beauty
I walk in wonder, I walk in wonder….The flowers of the field, and the feathers of the forests. The tracks in the snow, I’d like to know, I walk in wonder
I walk in harmony, I walk in harmony…The falling of tree, the rising of the sun. The stars in my eyes in when the day is done,I walk in harmony
I walk in grateful joy, I walk in grateful joy…For the life in my blood, the wonder in my eye,The song in my heart and the beauty on the rise,I walk in grateful joy
I walk in beauty, I walk in beauty…..The water I drink, and the air I breathe,Each step I take, my heart awakes, I walk in beauty I walk in beauty
Walkin’ Jim Stoltz 2008
“I Walk in Beauty” represents a way of living with gratitude. This season is a time to look at all of the beauty in our lives and say a quiet “thanks”. If you want to read more of Jim’s stories of gratitude look on Jim’s web page under the “Walkin’ Jim Story”.
https://walkinjim.com/index.php?pr=I_Walk_In_Beauty will give you the opportunity to download the song, “I Walk in Beauty”.
Each day offers the chance to listen for something joyful. It may be music we love that transforms us to a place that feels peaceful, energized or blissful. It may be the sounds of playful or thoughtful children; it may be the sounds of the natural world or it may be total silence. Music and the natural world both bring me to “beauty moments”. Whether it comes consciously or unconsciously, a break from the constant barrage of discouraging news keeps me optimistic about our future. I wish you “beauty moments” each day. If they don’t come spontaneously, seek them out. With gratitude…
Kid for the Wild Scholarship
The Kid for the Wild Scholarship is a tribute to the memory and vision of Walkin’ Jim Stoltz and his “kid for the wild” spirit. Jim was a singer songwriter, poet, photographer, painterand long distance hiker from Big Sky and Helena, Montana . Jim hiked over 28,000 miles through the wilderness of North America and experienced the wonder and wisdom of natural world with the heart of a child. Jim performed at many schools throughout the United States for children of all ages; 2 to 92! The goal of this scholarship is to provide an opportunity for youth to experience the outdoors in ways that may change their lives. The scholarship supports opportunities that open minds, build self-confidence, develop understanding, appreciation and further stewardship for the natural world.Thanks to all of you who have contributed to the Kid for the Wild Scholarship Fund. If you would like to donate to the Kid for the Wild Scholarship Fund, know that it is a 501c3 non- profit, tax deductible donation. You will support a youth to experience the natural world in an intimate way. Donations can go to:
Wild Wind Foundation/Kid for the Wild/PO B 160477 /Big Sky, MT 59716
Words to ponder
Parents Words Of Wisdom for Children by Rebecca Perkins “Perhaps these are words of wisdom for us all, whatever our age. Perhaps we can set the intention to parent in such a way that we teach them this wisdom by example.”
- You are not your job. You are not the amount of cash you have in the bank. You are not your possessions.
- Find your passion. Look for what inspires you. Find what you love to do and pursue it with all your heart. You may well find a way how to make money from doing it.
- Love hurts. But it is so much better than closing yourself off for fear of being hurt and not experiencing love.
- Never compare yourself to others. It’s a waste of energy. You are unique and have your own gifts to offer the world.Be grateful.
- List the things you are grateful for everyday.
- Have outrageous dreams. You’ll be amazed at what comes true.
- Act with integrity at all times.Know your values. Let no one violate what you hold as important be that a boss or your partner.
- Lighten up on yourself. Breathe deeply and slowly.
- Take risks, take leaps of faith. You’ll grow wings.Be of service to others.
- Be interested in others. People will always remember what you did for them.
- “No” is a complete sentence.
- You are enough just as you are. Perfect in your imperfection.
- Learn to accept compliments. Simply say ‘thank you’.
- Be willing to show that you are vulnerable. It is in fact the greatest act of courage.
- You are never alone.Forgive. Yourself first and then others. We are all in this together.
- Your attitude is always a choice.Laugh a lot. Have fun.Magic happens outside your comfort zone.Happiness starts within. Do not expect anyone else to make you happy.
- Life isn’t a race. Stop and smell the roses. Really…
Wild Wind Foundation, LLC
PO Box 160477
Big Sky, Montana 59716